Friday, July 24, 2015

Staff 3 - 072715: #leadlearner or ancora imparo?


#LeadLearner or Ancora Imparo

This view from the routiest trap at the Scenic Overlool offered a perspective unlike much of the rest of the area.  On a clear day, they say Missouri is noticalbe to the north.
But to get this perspepctive, we have to move seats, get a new ride, or change our posture.

I have been thinking how to start this year differently all summer long!  I had prepared a lengthly blog for scheduled release, till yesterday.  I found these two posts and they both resonated with my thoughts and wishes for this school year. 
Please read them.
Would we be ready for this? 
Am I ready for this? 
Does it align with what I had in mind as described below?

STAFF: PLEASE READ THIS BLOG #1 
and THIS BLOG #2.

This WAS the introduction for the planned release!

"On the first day back after my vacation, while reading an administration article on the #leadlearner in a school, the last sentence mentioned this quote: Ancora Imparo.  Since coming across that phrase, I have been rallying myself behind the deeper meaning of this Michelangelo quote.  Attributed to him on his 87th (or some say 83rd) birthday in 1562, it translates roughly into Yet, I still learn and carries an overtone of continual growth, progress and possible advancement.  Implications of learning for all left me speechless.  (That only lasted a moment.) But the quote, Ancora Imparo, has stuck with me and motivated me to focus on change within myself.

POP QUIZ:
I had to do a quick Google search on the quote and Michelangelo.  How long did it take Michealangelo to paint the Sistine Chapel ceiling?  
a.      Four weeks
b.      Four months
c.      Four years
d.      Four decades*

PS. Below are additional adjustments I intend to implement as continued from earlier Staff Blogs:
1.     Once school begins, I will strive to publish my weekly messages on Thursday and not Friday or Monday as years past. Hopefully, this allows staff enough time to build, ponder, consider, and plan accordingly. (Thanks for the hint MR.)
2. I have also considered a 3 minute egg timer. I often say, “Less is more.” Let’s make that happen. Invite me to your room to ask a question, look for feedback or share without pressure and test my resolve. I want to respect your time!

* Pick “C.” Four years to paint the ceiling, while standing up, and NOT laying down as rumored." 


Again, these two are the links as quoted above.  Please ensure you have reviewed them. 
This will take us to the #nextlevel.

1. From Beth Houf - Fulton Middle School
 
2. From another Twitter Link:
http://www.cultofpedagogy.com/classroom-icebreakers/?utm_content=buffer004a0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

No comments:

Post a Comment