Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July Post to Winfield Middle School Staff 1

Winfield Middle School 

 School Year 2015-16

 
 
July 8, 2015

I would like to improve in a few areas, especially communication with teachers at Winfield Middle School.  Areas of focus might be found in the timing, delivery and feedback surrounding this necessary component of successful operations.  What follows may address those areas specifically.

Communications

Two  - Way
Leaders often think of themselves as approachable but only their teams know this accurately. In order to improve here, I would like to invite teachers to "invite me to your room."  Please invite me in or have me come to your room for a discussion, clarification or feedback on something.  Give me an expected time limit and if you need more or less background.  I often share what I think is important but I do not want to overload or burden others with unnecessary minutia behind every decision.  However, I do want to supply sufficient background information.

Speaking of Decisions
I will strive to make decisions shortly after presented with the issue if there is enough information reasonably available to reach an educated choice. I may not make the decision as soon as presented with the opportunity and may need to verify, confirm or investigate other options but will commit to easing some tension. 

Timely
I will strive to use multiple yet redundant methods of communication to reach diverse types of readers.
1.  This blog written primarily for the teachers and staff of Winfield Middle School and dated for Monday but it may be delivered earlier in the weekend.
2. An email will contain the link to this blog and contain the data as well.  A Remind 101 link will also provide additional documentation to access the information off campus.
3. Friday afternoons are typically rough times to receive important emails, but in an effort to help planning purposes for the week, I will strive to get the email/blog to teachers inbox before Monday morning. 
4. Building wide, we use Outlook Calendar containing an invitation component and I will use this for some events.  District events are organized, scheduled and published on the Tandem Calendar.  We will need to determine how detailed we will need to be on this component so I will appreciate your feedback.

Feedback
With feedback vital to growth and progress, I will work to supply both positive as well as constructive feedback.  We will work to facilitate communication based on observations and data.  Objective and neutral feedback looking to address building topics such as rigor, engagement, students opting out and opportunities to respond like published on our NEE tool.

Faculty Concerns
Teachers will be held accountable for the faculty handbook. Faculty information and ongoing  housekeeping will be published through written communication modes as mentioned above.  Expectations such as assembly details may need a broad introduction early with final details following later.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment