Friday, November 13, 2015

Respect others, surroundings and self

Respect others,
Respect your surroundings,
Respect yourself...
November 16th, 2015
District & Building Data


Accreditation
We have achieved full accreditation this year based on the scores above.


The Middle School contributions are as follows:
The details for our school and how our contribution is determined.
On January 20th, 1961, John F Kennedy said, “Ask not what your school can do for you but what you can do for your school”  (School = Country)
I have a similar feel in my mind and heart as I review this data above. I can only ask what I can to to support improving these scores.  
Can I work harder or smarter?  
Am i focusing on the wrong thing?
Should I focus my energies on something more productive?  
Am I  too soft on my evaluations?  
Should I tell people what to do more?  
Should I micro-manage more?  


I ask myself these types of questions every time I see this data and reflect on the final outcome. I know I am only one person but being part of a team means something to me.  I can only really find success if those around me have also find success.  


Veterans Assembly
Again, our approbation and honor to the Veterans of Lincoln County was memorable and well received.  A true special shout out to those that worked so hard.


This dramatic interpretation of another option gave us something to consider.  Students are often hit with so many diverse perspectives.  Thanks for allowing the 8th graders a bit of time to hang out there at the high school longer.  I know it was unscripted and a bit confusing back here.  I am sorry for any mixed signals adding confusion to the already busy day.  Your support and flexibility was appreciated throughout the entire day.  Thank you.


Next week at WMS
Secret:  I am out of district on Friday (11/13) and Monday (11/16) with limited cell service.  I implicitly trust the very able and experienced wisdom Ms Mix brings to our school. If ever there are decisions to be made and I am out of pocket, please follow her advice accordingly.  Decisions she makes on the spot in crunch times are probably better than mine when I’m out of pocket. It is this ability gained through her experience that adds so much to climate and culture of the building making her invaluable to our success. Thank you.


Monday - 11/16
Binder Team - Work on eValuate or U of I
7th Grade Basketball to Silex


Tuesday - 11/17
Limo to Lunch Ride -  2 shifts begin at 10:30 20+ sales and 25+ sales (25+ get to take a friend)  Permissions REQUIRED
Board of Education Meeting at 6:30
Boys Basketball at O’ Farm


Wednesday - 11/18
Early Release in Room 300
8th Grade to Host
TNT to open with Kagan or ???
eValuate Follow Up Training
Junior Achievement


Thursday - 11/19
Faculty Meeting to review end of the semester calendar if necessary at 7:15 AM
Math Collaboration Day?  Subs ordered?


Friday - 11/20


Saturday - 11/21


Monday - 11/23
Cancel Formal Binder Teams this week - Work on Data / Planning - Resume 11/30/15


Tuesday - 11/24


Wednesday - 11/25 Day Thanksgiving Break


Upcoming
Active Shooter Training - Early Release - 120215

No comments:

Post a Comment